The Journey of Thirteen Years

Grade twelve is finally here. The journey of thirteen years is coming to an end. It has been hard. It has been tough. Working day and night to make this possible. Everything is starting to come together.

The journey of thirteen years has been wonderful. Changing from one school to another. Making new friends while losing others. Having negative people surrounding me; and gradually being replaced by people that make me realize that I am perfect the way I am.

Moving to FFCA was the best decision that my parents had made. Although it was tough when I first came in grade six, but as the journey went on and everything started to fall into place. FFCA has been a wonderful place to be. A place where everyone is accepted. A community where everyone is respected. A diverse group. A place where everyone is comfortable being themselves. The development of character and leadership being portrayed throughout the school.  Everyone has a sense of belonging. Everyone has a say.

Seniors of the school walking around the halls in their blazers. The confident walk and the confident talks. The countless hours of studying. Going in for help at lunch and after school for the preparation of exams. Diploma preps are being provided; making the exams seem more closer than they appear. Exams deciding our future. Applications for scholarships and universities are around the corner. Although there is stress in the air, it is gradually being replaced with smiles.

Leaving FFCA will be tough. I have made such strong connections with many students and teachers. These are the people that have made me realize that this journey may seem tough but everything will come together at the end. Putting dedication into everything I do and working hard to achieve success will definitely pay off.

Although it seems like the journey is ending here. I have realized that this is just the beginning. A beginning to a journey of my lifetime. I realize there will be many obstacles along the way. I am ready to face the world. I am ready to put in the hard work.

The journey of thirteen years was just the beginning. The journey of my lifetime is around the corner. I am ready.